Asbestos was once used in construction and household items until the 1970s. At this time, the real dangers of the material to people’s health became apparent and so many had the asbestos removed. However, despite this, some buildings still contain asbestos without the owner’s knowledge. It isn’t until repairs or construction is carried out that the asbestos is discovered.
Asbestos is Still Present
Because asbestos is an extremely toxic substance, it is vital that you get it removed as soon as possible. A company offering demolition services in Auckland can help you identify and remove the asbestos safely. It is always a good idea to get your property checked for asbestos if it is an old property.
Asbestos is Harmful to Your Health
Asbestos fibres can be extremely damaging to your health. While the asbestos is in place, it is best to leave it where it is and get a specialist contractor to remove it. The removal process can release the fibers which can be harmful if not removed safely.
Asbestos has been linked to a number of serious health conditions including lung cancer, asbestosis, and mesothelioma. For this reason, any asbestos that is discovered needs to be removed.
Protection of Builders and Contractors
If your property is undergoing restoration or demolition services in Auckland, then you need to test for asbestos and identify any potential issues. This is vital because the asbestos must not be disturbed until it can be safely removed by a trained team.
Removal of the asbestos without safety procedures will risk the health of you and your builders who are working on your property.
Protection of the Public
If your property has members of the public visiting, or you have a workforce that works in the building, then you have a duty of care to protect them from risk. This means if you are having building work carried out, you should have the building tested for asbestos before work begins.
This test will ensure that everyone is protected from the dangers of asbestos if it is found in the building.
Asbestos is a highly toxic substance that needs to be carefully and safely removed so that it poses no risk to health. Why not give us a call today so we can assess your property and keep everyone safe?